Certara, L.P. (referred to as “Our Company” or “we”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement will explain how our organization uses the personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, when you use this website – COVIDPharmacology.com
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our Company may collect and process the following personal data:
- Personal identification information provided by you (Name, email address, phone number, Company name, etc.);
- Computer activity data from you when you access our website, in which case we may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, browser type, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics), date/time stamp or clickstream data for system administration and to analyze trends; and
- Information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Voluntarily register online to participate in the interactive portion of the website, including posting data or participating in on on-line forum;
- Provide contact information in order to submit a request, a proposal, or ask a question;
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Our Company will use the information we collect via the website:
- To administer our website, our events and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (either with your consent or on the basis of the “legitimate interests” lawful basis), and which you may opt-out from at any time;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so; and
- To keep our website secure.
We may share and disclose your personal information, consistent with the original purpose of collection, with third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities related to our website, providing IT system administration and user support services, or offering customer service. Certara requires others, including those engaged to provide support services, to appropriately protect personal information and comply with applicable laws.
The information you provide us may be shared with our partner companies, including the Gates Foundation.
Any personal data or other information you choose to submit in the interactive portion of the website, including posting data or participating in on on-line forum communities may be read, collected and used by others who visit these forums, depending on your account settings.
While Our Company does not sell personal information in exchange for any monetary consideration, we do share personal information for other benefits that could be deemed a “sale,” as defined by the CCPA (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.140(t)(1)). This includes sharing identifiers, commercial information and internet or other electronic network activity with advertising networks, website analytics companies, and event sponsors.
How, where, and how long do we store your data?
We use appropriate technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect information we hold from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Our security procedures may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Personal information that we collect about you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of your country, which may have different data protection laws as compared to those in your country.
If you are located in the European Union/European Economic Area (the “EU/EEA”) the following terms apply to your personal information: Your personal information may be transferred to our global affiliates and to our employees and contractors who work for us and are located outside the EU/EEA for the purposes described in this Statement. If this is the case, we will take legally required steps to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place (e.g., standard contractual clauses or Privacy Shield certification) to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you contact us through the website, we may keep a record of our correspondence.
Our Company determines the appropriate retention period for personal information on the basis of the amount, nature and sensitivity of the data processed, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure and whether we can achieve the purpose of the processing through other means, as well as on the basis of applicable legal requirements.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us in the manner detailed below.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Assisting you in navigation of the website;
- Keeping you signed in;
- Recognizing you when you return to our website;
- Understanding how you use our website;
- Estimating our audience size and usage patterns;
- Storing information about your preferences that may allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests;
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – Our Company uses these cookies to enable essential features, such as accessing controlled areas of the website, and do not perform any additional of secondary functions.
- Performance Cookies – Our Company uses these cookies to provide statistical information on the site usage, i.e. web analytics. Generally, these will be first party cookies, and a mix of session and persistent cookies.
- Functionality Cookies – Our Company uses these cookies to provide enhanced services so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and your location. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Attn: Privacy Office
100 Overlook Center, Suite 101
Princeton, NJ 08540 USA
You may also use the Certara Compliance line:
Call +1-844-330-7092 or go online: http://certara.ethicspoint.com/
This resource is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is independent, secure, and confidential.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, and you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.